It’s the most wonderful time of the year but it may also be a little chaotic if you are planning to travel with small children in tow. Here are a few tips, tricks, and helpful hints to make holiday traveling a little easier:
- If you are traveling by plane, try feeding your child a small snack during take-off or landing to help “pop” their ears.
- Bring familiar items along – a favorite toy or snuggly blanket may help a child feel more comfortable and secure during travel.
- Remember to dress your child in easy-to-remove clothing to make diaper changes quick and easy. Layers are also helpful as airplanes tend to get chilly!
- Try and stick with your child’s normal sleeping and eating schedule as much as possible.
- Traveling is a great way to introduce new smells, sights, sounds, and textures to your child.